My Photo
Name:
Location: Vancouver, B.C., Canada

Graduated from UBC with a BA. I am currently employed as a library assistant at Irving K. Barber learning centre. I hope one day to be a tried and true librarian.

Sunday, February 25, 2007

I got a letter....

..and the letter confirms a spot on the roster of the Septermber 2007 FMIS team in London, Ontario's UWO!

I was pretty excited when I received this news, because by December 2008 at the latest I will be a librarian! SWEET!

After the excitement set in,... a lot of questions popped up. First off, neither my parents or my grandmother were particularily excited, and neither were my co-workers. Christine and I would have to be apart for 12-16 months, and could our relationship even take another long distance pounding?

I am still excited about going, but now that the hope is a reality, it is not all as positive as I had hoped it would be.

Right now, individually, things couldn't be going anymore right for me if I had won the lottery (ok, well maybe that would be awesome). However, it seems like it's gonna be an interesting 6 months in ironing out relationships and weathering some pretty nasty storms...

I hope it all ends up ok.

1 Comments:

Blogger ghp said...

congrats dennis! i knew you'd be accepted.

i know the next few months will be challenging but isn't it good that you know so soon? so now you have plenty of time to think things over. and if you got accepted at western i'm sure you will be at ubc as well, and perhaps you'll end up right where you are. i know they say it's good to not have all your degrees from the same place, but it's really not a big deal.

8:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home