My Photo
Name:
Location: Vancouver, B.C., Canada

Graduated from UBC with a BA. I am currently employed as a library assistant at Irving K. Barber learning centre. I hope one day to be a tried and true librarian.

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Holiday in T - 2 days!

Well, one thing that rocks the socks about working at a university is the paid vacation.

At 1:15pm on Friday I will have a 10-day break (weekends included) before I have to go back to work!

The best part of it all is... that I like my job, and when I do go back I won't be complaining. x)

Yesterday night I sent off two of my SLIS applications out. The first was to the University of British Columbia, and the second was to the University of Western Ontario.

These two schools are by and large by top two choices, and I think that's why I was so eager to send them out. One thing that is really annoying about the whole application process is the subtle differences in each application procedure. Where one school wants one transcript, another wants two. Where I have to have the transcripts sent from the office in one case, a seperate school would want them sent by me.

Even the online application thing is screwed up. On the UWO application is asks me to give a brief statement of intent. What they failed to mention is that the online statement is to serve in place of the hardcopy one I was working on for months!!!

That left me pretty miffed. I emailed them to see if I can submit the hardcopy as the 'legit' statement, but still no answer.

Anyways, things are generally good. Just lots of school application anxiety.

It'll pass... I hope.

As for weight. Gonna skip today, Christine is in the bathroom, and I don't feel like intruding and this is the only time all day I have to check.

Oh wells.

G'nite!~

3 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

i totally left you a happy birthday message here yesterday.

twice.

cause my computer messed up the first time.

but it's still not showing...

so... happy birthday again?

7:16 AM  
Blogger Dennis M said...

Well this time it worked.

Anyways, I hope you're having fun in Brampton. :I

12:22 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

well the first two times were better.

they were in french.

9:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home